Monday, June 21, 2010

You Fighting Cancer – Burzynski Treatment Week 27


Greatness  

What a week can make as I have said before. The rash has gotten much worse over this past week. All I can share is that the rash goes in a 2 week cycle regardless of all the doctor’s efforts and the drugs they give to reduce it. 

The 2 week cycle starts with the infusion of Vectibix. Normally that week is pretty good. The week after the infusion the rash begins to worsen. With just a few days before the next infusion the rash breaks and begins to lessen its hold. 

I’m putting together a book that will talk about the 10 to 20 things that you will want to know when you’re told you have cancer. It will take me time to put this together in a logical order, but my goal is to let people know what you will go thru emotions, psychical, mental, financial, and what it’s going to take to get through it all. 

One of the things that I will be sharing in the book is where to start your fight with cancer;

One of the hardest parts of this journey is how we learn to inspire ourselves to greatness, normality and the willingness to fight when nothing else will? When it really boils right down to it this journey starts with you, your thoughts and your choices. Your decision to fight or to give in to this disease begins with you and only you. The support system, your family, and your doctors can only give you encouragement and direction; it’s your choice to lead the fight.

As I read and learn more on cancer, its treatments, and its side effects from those treatments, I seek the answer that will help me with fatigue. Just one of the many possible side effects and one that can linger for years after the cancer is gone. 

Here is an update on the Kanzius Cancer Research Foundation that’s good news. The research can never go fast enough but the money part is needed in a desperate way to keep things going. Thank all of you that voted via Pepsi for the Kanzius Foundation.
 
I ran across this poem that we had the good fortune to hear Lou Holtz (yes that Lou Holtz) read at a conference we were at and it has always stuck with me. Sometimes it stuck in the back room of my brain, but none the less it stuck. I hope you enjoy it.
The Dash
By Alton Maiden
University of Notre Dame- 1996

I've seen my share of tombstones,
but never took the time to truly read,
the meaning behind what is there for other to see.
Under the person's name it reads the date of birth, dash(-),
and the date the person passed.
But the more I think about that tombstone,
the important thing is the dash.
Yes, I see the name of the person but that I might forget,
I also read the date of birth and death but even that might not last.
But thinking about the individual,
I can't help but to remember the dash,
Because it represents a person's life and that will always last.
So, when you begin to charter your life,
make sure you're on a positive path.
Because people may forget your birth and death,
but they will never forget your dash.

From Lisa’s Office: First of all, it seems pharmaceutical companies are moving away from the more cost-effective one-size-fits-all approach to drug development and embracing the long tail of cancer treatments, engineering drugs that only work for a small percentage of patients but that work very effectively with in that group, says Clay Dillow of Pop Science.

Also, the fact that two competing pharmaceutical company have come together with their independent cancer drugs to combine them in a trial is unheard of. In a trial of 66 patients, 100% of them had positive results in reducing there multiple myeloma by half. By half!
 
Amazing what can be done when knowledge comes together for the greater good of the patient.

Till next time - You keep Fighting Cancer & ENJOY THE DAY!

No comments:

Post a Comment