Sunday, February 20, 2011

MD Anderson Trip


We just returned from a 2 week stay in Houston, running many tests and talking to a lot of MD Anderson doctors. The results from all of the above were shocking and disheartening to say the least
.
It seems that the low blood counts that I have been fighting for the past few months are due to “portal hypertension” in my liver. With all the scaring from surgery’s and the 3 years of chemo my liver is failing to do its job of getting platelets to the rest of my body.

With low platelet counts I can not get chemo treatments to fight the cancer. The fear is that I will bleed to death internal and never know its happening if I do chemo. So the tumors will grow and over come the liver at some point.

We talked about liver transplants and it was explained to me why that would not be an option for me. We talked about removing my ever enlarging spleen, but right now it is a safety value for the pressure that has built up in my liver.

The bottom line and one that is very hard to except is that there is nothing else left in traditional medicine that MD Anderson is aware of today for me. When we were told this news and the fact that I would probably only have a “few months” left, was likened to the day I learned I had stage IV cancer. The blood drains from you face and you feel like vomiting.

I plan to keep fighting and see what options my local doctors may have, get my affairs in order and ENJOY TODAY! We will also see what non-traditional things in the US are possible. But for this day I am grateful and smiling.

We always think/hope/pray we have longer to live and enjoy the time we have here, but no one know what the next day holds in store for us, so please ENJOY THE DAY, this day. Remember Yesterday, look forward to Tomorrow, but LIVE TODAY! In the course of every day find something or someone that makes you smile. I have that via family, friends and our 2 dogs and it makes my life full of love and joy.

Until next time You Keep Fighting Cancer and ENJOY THE DAY!

3 comments:

  1. I am sorry to hear about your news. I am not sure if this would be an option for you but there is a procedure called selective internal radiation therapy (SIRT). Tiny radioactive beads are inserted directly in the tumor/tumors.

    Blessings,
    Bill

    ReplyDelete
  2. Randy, You NEED Frankincense internally, and our NEW and AMAZING water drops, when do you want me to come out? You have everything to gain and nothing to lose by a trial of these energies. Christ Healed with these same Oils, are they good enough for you too?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Randy just keep fighting this fight because hopefully the cancer might get tired and give. Because this guy is a fighter and I am throwing everything at him.

    ReplyDelete