Monday, April 4, 2011

East & West Working Together?

Wouldn’t it be great if Western medicine would wake up and start taking advantage of Eastern medicine? That’s what we are trying to do now and with the fact that I have very limited Western options left.

The Eastern medicine (herbs and acupuncture) have given me  alot. I feel better and have much more energy than I had before. Now the herb tea I’m drinking… that is some nasty stuff to say the very least, but it is much better than chemo.

We are moving forward with Northwestern Memorial Hospital in Chicago with the Radioembolization (RE) using (90) Y-microspheres. This could help stop or slow the tumors growth.

I should know Monday what my schedule will be at NMH. I know that we will have to travel up there for one more test before I’m given the green light to go ahead.  From there I return home until they put together a detailed plan for me.

Once that is completed we will travel back to Chicago for the insertion of the 90-Y microspheres. That is really all I know about the process at this time. I don’t know how long the recovery will be or how long before they will let me travel back home.

Last bit of news from last week was my blood work report! No better, but no worse either, so I’m standing my ground. Platelets are still 17!

Till next time You KEEP Fighting Cancer and ENJOY THE DAY!

No comments:

Post a Comment