Sunday, February 28, 2010

You Fighting Cancer – Week 14 of the Burzynski Treatment

Vectibix Rash

It’s been a tough week to say the least. Again, “what a difference one week makes”! The rash is back and I would say is worse at this stage of the treatment than last time.

Right now I manage the pain, itching and bleeding with pain, anti-itching and antibiotic pills and gels daily. The oncology nurse led me to a gel that provides temporary relief of the pain on my face, but does not help my scalp at all. I’m also getting this product in a spray for the rash on the trunk of my body.

The gel/spray for anyone that has a rash from Vectibix or any rash that has pain associated with it is Regenecare HA. It is a special order item at most pharmacies and is pricy at $26 a tube (cheaper on-line), but it does work. Here is also a web link where you can buy this product on-line. Regenecare HC 2%

Talked with the Burzynski Clinic this week to discuss the length of time and number of Vectibix treatments that are typical for my type of cancer. They are currently looking for another option to Vectibix and do not want me to be suffering. I told them if they could give me a number to shoot for I could make it, but time line of “as long as it takes” was tough for me to get my head around.

Lisa continues to be very strong in our battle and focused on the prize – me free from cancer. She continues to do extensive amount of research to find the very best options for me and my cancer. With all the new news about gene therapy and gene mapping we know we are on the right track with our treatment.

Battling the daily pain I will admit is a big challenge that wears on you every minute of the day and one that you have to focus on overcoming. If you are Fighting Cancer you know what I’m talking about, you can not let your thoughts go in the wrong direction.

One of the people that I listen to also is Joel Osteen and recently purchased his new book “It’s Your Time” on audio. It keeps my head in the game. So, if you see me walking around with my IPod you know it’s a good bet I’m listening to him.

You will need to focus on your thoughts, your nutrition, your exercise, and your rest to get through this journey. Your body as a whole needs all the help it can get right now.

I did receive and update in the comments from Dr. David Servan-Schreiber camp on some new updates that he will be posting on his WEB site and Facebook site on fighting and preventing cancer. He continues to talk about the extreme side effects that processed sugar has on your body and how it feeds cancer.

The last number I remember reading this year was that we Americans are now on average consuming 120+ POUNDS of processed sugar a year. Yes I know it’s hard to buy a product from your grocery store that does not have sugar in it, but no one said this was going to be easy. And I’ve said this before also, switching to artificial sweeteners is worse than processed sugar.

Instead of soda’s drink water, tea, even coffee. The last two are not the best for you but better than soda’s. Instead of white bread, eat whole grain breads, if you’re going to eat bread at all. Eat more fruits and vegetables daily. Get yourself a good juicer and have fun with it. Just don’t make any of the recipes that have potatoes in it! This is experience talking now. WOW bad!

Promote Colon cancer screening day, so you can prevent colon cancer. Here are some warning signs for you to be looking for! If you are a friend of mine and you have not gotten a colonoscopy yet, give your head a shake and get with it. Even if you are not a friend of mine yet, get going.

Till next time – You keep Fighting Cancer and ENJOY THE DAY!

No comments:

Post a Comment